Why You Need to Try Acupuncture
Acupuncture: Wholeness of Body, Mind & Soul
Chinese medical practices have yet to make a big impact on Western medicine, however, this doesn’t mean that Traditional Chinese medicine treatments are any less effective. The practice of acupuncture in Chinese medicine spans back centuries and has remained popular since ancient times for a reason. Acupuncture treatment is proven to ameliorate and prevent various ailments, symptoms and rebalance the body; in fact, the wide range of this practice might surprise you! The Gainesville acupuncture specialists at Gainesville Holistic Healthcare would like to share with you some of the many benefits that acupuncture offers and how they can help better yourself and your body.
Improve Your Daily Life through Acupuncture
- Natural Pain Relief: We often live life popping pills for muscle & back pain, arthritis pain, headaches and migraines without realizing how much we’re really putting into our bodies. Acupuncture has been proven to stimulate the production of endorphins and adenosine — natural painkillers that your body produces — without the necessity of external medication. Acupuncture simply encourages your body to naturally produce what it needs to feel better so that you can ditch the bottled pills.
- Decrease Stress & Increase Energy: Stress can cause immense strain on the body, severely affecting the body’s health and functions. Stress is responsible for causing many health concerns from digestive issues, hormonal imbalances, high blood pressure and chronic pain to depression, insomnia, anxiety and fatigue that can lead to exterior effects such as grey hairs and dark bags under the eyes. By seeking a professional acupuncturist, these negative side effects of stress can be blocked and reversed by rebalancing and relaxing the mind and the nervous system. While the immediate effects of acupuncture might be a feeling of deep relaxation, ongoing treatments tend to improve energy. This will keep you and your body feeling great and productive.
- Get a Good Night’s Sleep: Millions of Americans suffer from chronic sleeplessness which can have detrimental effects on the body by debilitating it, suppressing the immune system and increasing stress. Acupuncture treatment helps to increase levels of melatonin, a natural hormone in the body that promotes sleep, to combat insomnia.
- Weight Loss & Skin: While many people don’t associate acupuncture with losing weight, it can be an effective method for stimulating weight loss. Weight loss is a frustrating and sometimes difficult process; acupuncture focuses on stimulating blood flow and influencing certain hormones to regulate your metabolism and signal your brain to reduce cravings when you are not physically hungry. Acupuncture can also be used to lift and sculpt muscles and skin through stimulation by relaxing muscles that are too tight and tightening others that are more loose.
- Prevention: One of the greatest things about acupuncture is that nothing has to be wrong at the moment for you to want to visit a specialist. The best kind of treatment is preventative treatment! An acupuncturist can detect imbalances in your system before they turn into an issue and work with you to correct them. By enhancing our immune systems, making sure the body is balanced and working correctly, and that our mental, emotional and physical being are aligned and in harmony, we can prevent illnesses and disorders from becoming incapacitating.
Acupuncture Gainesville, FL Residents Can Trust
Acupuncture is being incorporated into Western medical practices more and more by doctors due to its many advantages and benefits. At Gainesville Holistic Healthcare, our certified and experienced acupuncturists have your best interest at heart, providing acupuncture Gainesville locals can rely on. We invite you to visit us and experience for yourself the many ways acupuncture treatment can better your life.